The one that got away
Here is a very nice pair of Darby shackles from Providence Tool Company.
These have such quality construction. The taper on the shackle, the tightness of the hinge, these are really nice leg irons.
And look at this SWIVEL! No washer here. High quality, as strong or stronger than the chain itself, and it will last forever.
So I had these on my watchlist, and was waiting till the end to bid. It ended at APPROX 7 PM (1900) and I was just puttering around when a friend came over and we started drinking rum and talking and then went off after a red Herring and I completely forgot about the auction!
I regret not winning these or at least put my bid in so I had a chance. It's been weeks and I still think about these. If you bought these, and might be willing to trade for real nice Hiatt darby leg irons or other rare cuffs plus cash contact me by commenting here. I want those so bad!
Or if you have a good pair of shackles from Providence Tool Company. Or Froggatt. These really are quite rare.





Comments
Post a Comment