Weird eBay cuffs x2

 

I recently came across this weird adjustable Darby handcuff on eBay while scouring for rare or vintage cuffs. I'm not even sure if they are real, honestly. The key appears to be a simple pull device. They say to "turn it to either side and pull up" so it probably has a very weak spring. They also come in "gold" finish. 

The swivel looks nice in black. The design as actually pretty accurate, and included details for the end cap and the hinge for a real Darby look. There is also a "safety switch" on the outer edge of the lock tube, again indicative that the spring is probably barely enough to hold it closed. There are also what appears to be normal hardware screws holding the hinge and lock tube together. I thought of buying these just to investigate, but I'd rather just assume they are a novelty and leave it to someone else to discover the lack of quality here. 

And now we have a REAL doozy, a complete falsehood of a Handcuff. WHAT IS EVEN THAT?? 
This monstrosity is clearly A.I. graphic. I wonder what I would get if I ordered it? A regular Taiwanese hinged handcuff in plain black? Or do I really get some kinda triple hinged Jacobs ladder thing??
This is the same listing. Apparently they have two keyholes, much like the latest and greatest from ASP. Gotta love those domed silver rivets though. 




Comments

Popular Posts