Hiatt Darby Handcuffs and Shackles
This is a nice example of the Hiatt Darby steel shackles before the alloy production period. These are quite rare; the most common period Darby restraints are Hiatt, and these are significantly more rare than the Darby handcuffs.
UPDATE: these sold for $200.50 after 14 bids. I would consider that a good price. It would have been nice to be a little further into the 250 range, especially as these have not been around on eBay for a while.
The starting bid was $75 with the original key included. For reference, I paid $350 for a pair of these maybe 10 years ago in near mint condition with the original key, but this was a private sale and I had wanted a pair of these for years.
Note that this is the smaller size. The chain has three large links on either side of the swivel, while the larger size has four links to the side. I have not seen any smalls with longer chain or large with short chain. Although this could have been done. There was an interesting data point regarding Hiatt Darby model numbers on the handcuffs forum, I'll try to find it. I refer to this as model 104L for leg irons as opposed to model 104 for Darby handcuffs, 115 for the adjustable Darby handcuffs, I could be wrong about that.
These are really nice and only have minor surface wear in a few spots. I may bid on these even though I have two of the small size (one nickel plated, one plain steel) and one of the larger ones in plain steel which I paid $160 for on eBay maybe five years ago when large collection was being sold off. Above and below, a nice matching pair for the shackles. This Hiatt Darby model 104 non adjustable handcuff is for sale at $160 or best offer on eBay with the original key. This is a classic example from one of the earlier production runs of Hiatt Darby steel restraints.







Comments
Post a Comment